Friday, July 22, 2011

Fits and Starts!

With all that is going on here this summer, I am just barely getting any fiber time in.  I have spun just a wee bit of linen, as well as a wee bit of cotton, though not enough to show!
I have completed 1 1/2 Baby Blankets in the "Kings Flower" pattern in pale pink.  I plan to do two of this same color in my other pattern "Cat Tracks and Snail Trails", then switch over to the very pale blue that you can see in the picture below, and do 2 of  each pattern in that color.
That however, is about all I have been able to manage this week!  It can be frustrating,  I may find that the summer time is not my most productive time.

The heat and humidity make it almost unbearable up in the studio in the afternoon this time of year.  Plus there are so many other demands upon my time right now that I am going to have to look at it all and reevalute the expectations I place upon myself. 

I will keep plugging away with the Foothills Craft Guilds fall show this November, in mind, some of my Etsy shop items will be cycling out of the shop and into the show as well.  All of the Weavers at the center are going to contribute our best items to make the Tuesday Weavers booth as varied as we possibly can.
 
That is about all I have for you today, I hope you are staying cool in all this heat, take care of yourselves.

Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

4 comments:

LA said...

The high humidity is like a big ole wet blanket!!!! It's hard to get excited about doing anything right now (except staying inside where's it's cool!)

Bonnie said...

Staying in is about the best thing to do right now.

Linda said...

That is so true! W and I have been staying in watching all the Harry Potter movies. Now we just have to see the last one. The good thing is I can make hats while watching!

Anonymous said...

Roxie sez
Spinning linen? I am SO impressed! And you are churning stuff out like production work! Don't be so hard on yourself. It's summer. Kick back with some sweet tea and a fan.