Thursday, June 9, 2011

Packing for two

Two trips, that is. Tomorrow I go back in time. I will be heading to Martin's Station at Wilderness Road State Park. As you already know I love reenacting the 18th century. Not so much in this heat, though and it is going to be really hot. Thankfully there is a dog trot we can sit in. It is always cooler in there.

Preparing for this trip takes lots of thought. It isn't only packing the right clothes but everything else, too. I will need the right pots, cooking utensils and food. Here is a picture of what I have gotten together so far. I am taking wool to card and the tape loom so I can weave.





Just in case you are wondering about the cooler. We are allowed to take them but they must stay in the car.


Even our food must be accurate. Here is a picture of an apple pie and a pork roast in the oven. I am trying to limit my time over an open fire. It is just too hot! The pork roast will be put in an appropriate dish to serve.




I am also packing for a possible trip to Wisconsin. I am really hoping to visit a long time weaving friend. I think it is has been two years since we have seen each other!


Lastly I will leave you with a picture of some money plant that I cut this morning. Wouldn't it be wonderful if it were real money?





Linda

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Yes, it is going to be hot this weekend. I hope that you get to see your weaving friend.

LA said...

Have fun in the old days!!! And, I hope all works out for your visit.

Tina J said...

I hope both of your trips turn out to be wonderful. I think things are supposed to cool down a bit over the weekend.