Friday, July 8, 2016

New Design

After I posted 2 weeks ago,  I  decided to go ahead an change up the treadle tie ups on my 8 harness rose path threading.

I chose a simple design but even then I did not have enough of the original metal treadle pins to do the job.  Besides those silly pins were continually coming right out of place and falling to the floor, what a bother that was.  I decided then and there to replace all the metal treadle pins with texsolv cord and arrow pins.  It is wonderful and a lot quieter too!

Anyway, let me show you the design, I wove the pattern picks with some 8/2 cotton doubled, but I didn't think that it was  bold enough.  So, on Tuesday I consulted Karin, who I knew had recently had the same problem on her loom at the Center.  I decided then and there that I was going to have to quadruple the pattern weft to get the effect that I wanted.

It is easy to see that the design on the left is much bolder than the original one on the right, especially on the outside of the pattern.
I am very happy with this and I plan to do many kitchen towels with this and other designs.

Until next time, Happy Crafting, Tina

1 comment:

LA said...

Wow! What a difference the thicker thread makes in that pattern! Those will be some fun towels!