Thursday, July 30, 2015

Recipe

Chocolate Cherry Cake (from Karen-In-The-Woods)
1 box chocolate cake mix
1 can cherry pie filling
3 eggs
1 can chocolate frosting

  Lightly beat eggs and gently mix with the cherry pie filling.  Add to the cake mix and mix by hand until all has been incorporated.  Pour into 9" X 13" lightly greased pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
  Cool for 5-10 minutes.  I used a large pronged fork to poke holes in the top of the cake.  Drop the frosting by large spoonfuls on top of the cake.  As it softens, start to spread it on the cake until all has been covered.
  ***You can see the holes in the picture.  The frosting "melts" down into the cake!!!   YUM!
 
  I was thrilled to share my birthday cake with my fellow weavers....I guess you would call them my weaving family.  I have today and tomorrow to finish up my month long celebrating....it has been tons of fun!  And, to top it off, tomorrow night is a Blue Moon!  What a way to end the month!

Happy Weaving (and celebrating!)
LouAnn
 

1 comment:

Tina J said...

Yes folks, it is as good as it looks! Yum!