Thursday, January 22, 2015

Throw Back Thursday

No....this isn't the project I started last week.  This is my very first overshot project.
  It was woven on my Harrisville 4 shaft loom that had 4 treadles.  It took me three times to get the threading correct....but, I was determined to do overshot.
  The project from last week is a complete failure.  I will be able to save the Peaches and Creme yarn...it will become an oven mitt.  The 8/4 will become thrums.  I will try another turned overshot project in the near future....just not right now.
  Yes, my confidence is shot....but I truly believe that every failure is a chance to try again.  I will figure it out....just not right now!!!!


   While I was looking for the first picture, I came across this one....2010 I would guess.  The Weavers have been meeting on Tuesdays ever since the Center came to be.  But, our identity as the Tuesday Weavers has just been since we started blogging.  I know that I came in September 2005 to learn to weave, and I still show up every Tuesday.  We are often asked to demonstrate fiber skills at events, and we now have our own booth at two fall shows.  People come and go....but, they are still woven in our lives.

  And, I really love it that we like to learn new things, such as warp painting or basket weaving or inkle weaving. 
  OK....learn from the past and put those lessons to use in the future.  I'll take another go at the turned overshot....just not right now.
Happy Weaving!
LouAnn

2 comments:

Theresa said...

LouAnn, I know exactly how you feel, I have done my fair share of failures on the looms, the sewing machines and the knitting needles. For comfort I tell myself at least no one died. :) And it's true!
Next project will be fantastic. Hope you are already planning it!

Bonnie said...

Something for another day.