Thursday, November 14, 2013

Good Intentions

I seem to have a lot of those here lately.
  Take this shawl, for instance.  I was weaving it to wear at my son's wedding....the weather was a little iffy, and I thought it would be a good idea to have along.  I was right about the weather.
  I was wrong in my calculations.
  At 54 inches, I ran out of yarn.  Even a quick check on-line showed that this particular yarn was out of stock and no longer available.  I almost just cut it off....lesson learned!  But, after thinking about it for awhile, I've decided to look for a solid boucle to use.  I'm going to go by JoAnn's on Sunday...we'll see what is available.  Maybe this project can be salvaged after all.



Last week you saw this warp on the warping board....this week it is ready to put in the raddle.

Silly me....I thought I would have this woven by now!  REAL life does interfere with our weaving plans from time to time.





  This is one of the REAL things that is pressing right now.
LEAVES.....lots and lots of leaves!!!!

I was going to work on that Monday, since it was a holiday.  But, my plans got changed.  After all, they aren't going anywhere, right?

But, I really do need to do another run of leaf removal.  But, would you believe it....the trees aren't through yet!  They seem to be hanging on this year!


This is just one (of many) of the leaves that are just now falling.  They are from my neighbor's airplane tree (the only name I have for it) that is on the property line.  They are HUGE!  Most of them fall on my yard....and there are many more to come!


I've put this off long enough....time to pull out the blower and the mulcher.  That's where I will be the rest of the day. 
  My looms will have to wait until dark, I'm afraid.

   That is.....unless something else comes up!

Happy Weaving!
LouAnn

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Dude, that is a lot of leaves! I don't feel so bad with my 4,397,365 when it appears you have ten times as much!
So sorry you didn't finish your lovely shawl! I know it's going to look lovely at Thanksmas!

Hilary said...

I am coming through Knoxville in mid January, I hope to stop in and visit the Tuesday weavers!!!