Thursday, January 13, 2011

What is on my looms

I thought I would show you what I have going on three of my floor looms. On the Union I had some how miscounted the revolutions when I was sectionally warping for another project, Three sections had some warp left. Thankfully they were next to each other so I decided to weave up some mug rugs. This is a great way to use up small amounts of yarn left from other projects.



Next is the Schacht. I also have a warp on there for mug rugs. This is the warp I used for the mug rug challenge. Sorry, that is all you get to see until Saturday! See the darker pieces of wood on the sides of the loom? They are antique lease sticks.  I sometimes use them with  homemade temples.



Lastly here is the Gilmore. This is a warp for another table runner order. After I took this picture I threaded the reed so I am farther along than you see here.


As I was getting ready to leave the studio today I felt a twinge of excitement. I HAVE MY VERY OWN BIG STUDIO! This is like a dream come true for me. I find I am excited about weaving again and I can't wait to get back over there everyday. I think I could weave 24/7!

More snow today. It was only a dusting but it covered everything. Unfortunately, it was gone a few hours later.

Linda

3 comments:

LA said...

Your studio looks great...it feels like home! I know that you are enjoying all that room for your looms. Just a few more days until we can see all the mug rugs!!!

Bonnie said...

I am so glad that you are back to weaving and the excitement is back again. Wonderful and fun.

Tina J said...

I am so glad that the studio is ups nd running. I know it will really make weaving more peaceful with all that room. No more cramped quarters for you! That is un til you find another loom!