Thursday, June 18, 2015

On The Home Stretch

  I just cut off the six napkins on the loom.  This was a 3.75 yard warp.  That means I'll keep two and bundle four together for this Fall. 

  I'm not done.....I need to sew around the white edges, and then I can wet finish them.  Cutting them apart, fixing the fringes and then pressing them will complete the process.

  I admit....these were fun to design and weave.  I really want to do another set or two using more Fiesta colors.



  They would have been done sooner if I had been home more this week!  This has been a crazy week...otherwise I would have noticed that the raspberries had started to get ripe, too!  If I hadn't seen the birds gathering at the back fence, I might have missed this altogether!!!





    And, another pleasant surprise:  a volunteer flower came up in the large pot with my cherry tomatoes. 

Sometimes you just have to stop and enjoy those little things in life.


Gotta run....it's just been that kind of week!

Happy Weaving!
LouAnn

2 comments:

Tina J said...

The napkins look great! I can't wait to see what sort of hand they have after washing! I hope your week slows down a bit, so you can snag some of those raspberries!

Theresa said...

Oh wonderful napkins! I would love to have berries here but the reality is there would be a lot of competition for them and I suspect I would be on the bottom. ;-)
Have a great weekend LA!