Thursday, June 4, 2015

Just A Little Tease

  I love my Fiesta dishware.  I use it everyday.  I open the cabinet door, and there it is.....bright and cheerful!  And, I love how it makes a table look so homey.....it's great for family get-togethers. 

  And, then, there's that deadline looming at weaving.....no, not the placemats.....mine are woven (but not hemmed!)  It's the napkin deadline!



  Oh, yes!  On 7 July 2015, the Tuesday Weavers  have been challenged to be good stewards of the planet by using a cloth napkin vs. paper.  (Sounded like a good idea at the time.) 
  I have entertained numerous weave structures and thread for possible napkins.  Eight shafts, four shafts, twills, crackle.....the list goes on and on.  But, now it's time to DO IT!!!
  And, the Fiesta dishes just keep grinning at me.
Hummmmmmm..........




  The warp is being wound.

  The drawdown is in my weaving journal.

  I haven't decided on the exact colors I want to use just yet, so we are at a stopping point.










  I'm not the only one that teases folks....Mother Nature is pretty good at that game, too.  The cactus has outdone herself this year.  It has been full of blooms.


  The raspberries are full of fruit, too.....just not ripe, yet.  Such a tease!!!!!


And, those baby cherry tomatoes make my mouth water!!!!  I love to eat them first thing in the mornings!  Come on, guys....get ripe!!!!




  Don't tell Tina................
  I couldn't resist one more little tease.  I know she will be blogging about these little sweeties, too.  But, I really like this picture.


Happy Weaving!
LouAnn

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Good for you! I don't think I have used paper napkins in at least 20 years and we go through a roll of paper towel about once a month. Much of my linen from sewing gets saved and made into every day napkins and old towels after doing dog bedding duty become rags to use instead of paper towels.
Those look like baby goats in the barn...Wheeeeeee!