This particular loom is a Sears Hearthside loom that was donated to the Tuesday Weavers quite awhile ago. Until we have more room at the Center, it is living with me. I had taken care of the cosmetic issues like dirt and wood that needed a good oiling. Then I had worked out a fix for the lack of treadle wires, (Texsolve to the rescue!) My final difficulty was the lack of a crank for the back beam, because without that crank the beam simply will not stay on the loom!
I have woven a few inches on this warp, I was first afraid that the rocks were too heavy, but when I switched them out, it wasn't enough drag on the warp, to I switched back to the original rocks. I could have sworn that I had a picture of the first bit of weaving, but I don't, that will have to wait for next week.
Until then, Happy Spinning, Knitting and Weaving, Tina