Friday, June 2, 2017

Loving loopers




 I have finally come to the end of the Rit dye that Carol had given me last year.  This is the last batch to go into the dye pot.

In the pot is 1 cup of salt, (more than called for) and 1/2 bottle of brown dye.





Once the pot is simmering, I lay them in and  then I get a paint stirrer.....











and I push them down!







There they simmer for 30 minutes and then cool overnight or all day.

The washer takes care of the rest, a wash and several rinses take care of excess dye, then I put them out to dry.












Orange!

















Wine!





The new colors, and all the cream and grey loopers that I left natural, will join these others in handwoven rugs that I hope will do well during our shows this fall.

I am glad to have this part of the prep behind me, now to map out my ideas to use my colors wisely.....

Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

2 comments:

LA said...

GREAT colors! And, that means great rugs!!! I know you're glad that is over!

Theresa said...

Boy, that's a lot of lovely hued loopers!