Monday, December 7, 2015

Another Monday?

Good grief! Where did the week go? There were a couple of Christmas parties and an open house at a studio but, really, I'm not sure how the time flew by so quickly!
I did get the warp wound for the last order but it's still waiting to go on the loom. It's not a tough one, just need to get it going.

Sometimes you do have to just shift gears for a moment. I started this quilt back in February when we were shut in for 2 weeks with ice and snow. It's been calling me now for months. So I caved and finished the quilt top. First, the top needs to be pressed, then I've got to find some fabric to back it and then pin the layers with batting inbetween but that can wait. It's just 60 x 68 so I can machine quilt it this winter.
I love the 30s reproduction fabrics and this will be a nice throw for the sofa, at least for now.
Guess where I'm going as soon as I finish this...yup, right down to the studio. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.... Just get that warp on the loom and woven off!! It's shaping up to be a busy week again but there is time to get it started at least!! Anticipating a break to do some more sewing is enticing!!
Until next week, get those last things woven and then do just what you want for a week!
Carol

1 comment:

Harriet H said...

I love the quilt...is my favorite fabrics