Saturday, February 28, 2015

Celebration!

Snow is beautiful, it covers all the ice and mud underneath it!   I seriously love the way that snow can even make a pile of rubbish look good!   As you may have noticed we have had quite a bit of ice and snow lately.  Most if not all of the recent posts have addressed it in some way or another, from the dangers of the ice on the roads to the positive aspect of being able to work on things at home while we are cut off from our normal frantic lifestyle.



This post will be no exception,  I have taken the opportunity to take up my knitting needles once again and work on a pair of "Stockings in Rhyme".  This is a free Ravelry pattern that I have come to love.







You can take this pattern and change it to suit the wearer.  I have changed needle sizes if I needed to narrow the width, and changed the number of rows if I needed to shorten part of it.  I have done a pair with no seam down the back and 2 pairs with the seam in place.



 Late last week, because of all the snow days, I was able to finally finish the third and final pair of stockings!  You may have heard me whoop from where you are!  I had originally purchased 5 skeins of Knit Picks Bare sock wt yarn.  Each of those skeins is about 4 ounces, to make a total of 20 ounces of yarn.  When I weighed what I had left over from the 3 pairs of stockings I had only 2.7 ounces of yarn left!

The top picture is Linda's pair of stockings, then Lou Ann's pair of Stockings, then the final pair are mine.  I tried them on for my Mother in law, who has been following along with me as I knit them.

You might be wondering why I would knit so many pairs of such long stockings, the answer to that is that both Lou Ann and Linda were active in putting together my costume that I use when I am demonstrating Spinning at the Museum of Appalachia.  Without their help, I would have not been able to put it together quite so quickly, and so well.

I'll repost a video from last fall.  This was the maiden voyage of the outfit.  It is always fun to demonstrate, and it is definitely more fun to do it in costume.

Thank you ladies for all your help!

Until next time, Happy Spinning, Knitting and Weaving, Tina

3 comments:

LA said...

I know you are glad to be finished! Thank you so much for my stockings...they are so warm!

Linda said...

Thank you for my pair, too! They are so soft!

Theresa said...

Beautiful stockings and I am sure much appreciated given your recent weather!
Love the little video of the spinning, you look quite authentic!