Thursday, December 28, 2017

I Open At The Close

  You might remember that line from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.  "I open at the close" appears on the golden snitch right before he faces Voldemort.  I think it applies to this week....this in-between week.  It's that time between Christmas and New Years where you don't know what day it is or what you're supposed to be doing.
  I think it's a good week to tidy up a few things, and try that project that you've been putting off because of all the holiday "stuff."
  I decided I was going to finally make that blue jean purse using the tops from some blue jeans that I've saved. 
  Our friend, Andy, uses braided inseams to make her straps, and I thought I'd try my hand at that.  Some of those strips are thicker than the others!  (If you're reading this Andy, I have that bucket of seams for you!!!!)
  I'm still playing around with this project.


  I've been wanting to try my hand at up-cycling a man's shirt to make a tunic.  This is still in production!
  I cut off the bottom of the shirt and flipped it around.  I took off the top part of the collar, which I really like!
  The sleeves were cut off right above the cuff opening.  This makes a nice three quarter length sleeve.  And, since there was a big ole ink stain at the pocket, I added an additional pocket to cover the spot.
   I think it will be fun to wear with a turtle neck during these cold, bone-chilling days. 

  I don't know why I put off trying this.....


  My cup cuffs were well received....and my DIL had a similar idea!  I like her use of small elastic rather than using the thicker hair elastic.  (Thanks for the tip!)


Thanksmas was a blast!  There was lots of yummy food and lots of laughter.  We had several games that were played during the day...one thing always leads to another.










  I think Cupid had the best time of all!!!  She decided to check out the pool cover thinking it was a puddle.  She LOVED it.  She rolled in the water and dashed from one side to the other.  (I'm just glad I didn't have to ride four hours in a car with her afterwards!!!!)

  So, as this year draws to a close, it's time to be thinking about what I'd like to accomplish in 2018. 
  I've been thinking about that.....have you?
Happy New Year!
LouAnn

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Great line and it handed off the Resurrection Stone. Thanksmas, so wonderful. New games or old ones? Oh my I wouldn't want a long ride home with a soggy Cupid either!
Have a very Happy New Year.