Monday, November 27, 2017

Time to Play

Now that the weaving schedule is done, I can sew!! I've been going through my stash of UFOs and decided this is it! I don't know how many years ago I sewed this quilt top. It's really a throw. DH held it up for the photo shoot. It's such a simple pattern but the colors are lovely. I had to go Saturday to buy fabric for the binding. I don't know if I had some planned for it but if I did, it's well hidden.
This is going to be a Christmas gift for a friend whose family owns a Mexican restaurant that we frequent, a lot! I make baby blankets for each new grandbaby and she was saying how she'd love one to cuddle with when she doesn't feel well. So this is it! She was on my list to make one for sometime so this will fit the bill!!
The second one I finished this weekend also needed binding fabric! Also, I have no idea how long the quilt top lay there in that pile. It's flannel and comfy to snuggle with!
It's twin size and I stitched it in the ditch as well. Simple quilting works for me. I like using a very thin batting since we live in the south. Also, that makes it easier to sew. I'm not sure where this one will end up but it's on my checked off list!
 
Not having to weave anything for awhile, I shall continue to tackle sewing projects that have been "speaking" to me for a good while. I've got another flannel throw in progress and a doll blanket well on its way, using a small stack of charms someone gave me. We'll see how much I can get done this week!!
Until next week, keep weaving while I sew!
Carol

No comments: