Monday, September 25, 2017

Some Color

I know. I didn't blog last week. I was on the road traveling most of the week and got no work done. In fact, I went south to Florida and then came home one night before heading up to Kentucky!! Got home last night and glad to be home for awhile!!
Before that I did some weaving.
I'm still weaving bamboo. This red warp has a lot of different shades of red in it. Even pink tones.
See what I mean? It's a fun combination that makes for a drapey colorful jacket.
These greens haven't been finished yet but the vests are woven. The greens in the warp are affected by the weft.
A lot of yellow in that green. Even some turquoise tones.
The weft that's mostly blue softens the vest tones.
Close up you can see the colors mingling into something that would be great to wear over blue jeans!
The last vest has more greens in the weft. 
It's hard to get the true colors with my iPad. Shades of green and teal.
So that's the end of the bamboo warps I'd dyed so the colors are done. I just have to do all the finish work since I've washed the fabrics. The next warp that's on is cotton and it's solid black.
I'm hoping for some good show on TV, like an NCIS marathon which is good noise as I weave. Otherwise, it could be a long few days as I get the warp off the loom. Black may be a boring color to weave but the pieces end up looking great and some people do like to wear black!
So, here I am heading back down to the studio after playing hooky for a week!
Until next week, keep weaving!
Carol

3 comments:

LA said...

Love the interplay of colors in the warps. I know these warps will make some lovely garments.

Tina J said...

Lovely fabric, I can't wait to see all those vests in your booth!

erin said...

I lust for that red / pink piece. Gorgeous!