Monday, May 22, 2017

Here It Is!

Such as it is! This is a pretty good picture of the warp I was planning last week.
The close up photo lost the color of chocolate but the other colors show up better.
I had planned to do one more warp of rugs using a black warp. I don't have a lot of selvedges left so I'm trying to use up as much as I can in the warp. Hopefully I put enough on to use it all. Less to store til next winter when I weave more. I do like the soft colors in the rug that's on the cloth beam. I can weave one, maybe two more before I have to cut them off and retie. The cloth beam only holds so much fabric and rugs are thick!
Rug shuttles waiting to be woven in the next rug....
I'm not sure what I'll weave next but it may be a white warp. I'll decide once the rugs are off. There's still a roll of narrower rugs that hasn't been cut and hemmed yet. I've been side tracked lately working on a baby quilt again. This one should be ready for a picture next week. I think I have enough fabric for 2 of them, including backing. But I won't be sure til I cut the rest of the pieces. It's a cute boy fabric with rockets, etc! One will go to Saskatoon but  the other will go in my tub for when I need another baby gift.
Until next week, keep weaving!
Carol

2 comments:

LA said...

That yarn worked very nicely in that warp! You'll be ready to pick up more selvedges on your yearly trip!!!

Theresa said...

Oh very pretty!