Thursday, September 10, 2015

Rainy Day Sewing

  This is my project today.  It's an apron to wear when I demonstrate at the Museum. 
  Yes....those are flour sack panels! 

Way back in the late '80's, these panels were used in a jumper I made.  I loved that jumper!!!  Needless to say, I could not get into that jumper now, but I wasn't ready to give it up, either.  It's getting a new life as an apron!
***FYI--the sewing basket was a Christmas gift to me when I was 10 years old.  I still use it!


 
  Tomorrow and Saturday, Tina and I will be at the Museum of Appalachia for Days of the Pioneer Antique Show.  She will be spinning on the porch at the Peter's Homestead Cabin while I weave in the Loom House on the old Rocker Beater Loom.
  We'll get to meet a lot of new folks, and greet friends that we made last year.



In fact, it was last year that sent us on the "Great Apron Search!"  We kept seeing these ladies with these great linen aprons.  I was sure I could make one.

  What I found out was that this style apron works great on less curvy ladies!!!! 
  But, I do like having the straps cross in the back....no ties to worry about!
  So, I've done some adjustments over the last 12 months, and I have an apron I like to wear over my denim dress.   I'll be adding my flour sack apron to the line-up this weekend.


 Panda Update:
  Here's the latest picture I captured when I took a wee peek last night!!!  I am amazed at how much more distinct the black markings are now!  And, Mama stays gone longer now when she goes to feed....it gives all of us more time to marvel at this wee creature.

  I haven't had any close up times today, and I need to get back to my project.  Here's the link if you'd like to go take a look:  Panda Cam

Rainy days are great for sewing projects, don't you think?

Happy Weaving (and sewing!)
LouAnn

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh that apron will be so cute! But not near as cute as that panda. You know both Robin and Stella had perfectly pink bellies up until about 6-8 weeks old and then got the spots of pigment. Maybe panda markings work the same way.

Harriet H said...

I can't wait to see the apron and yes rainy days are great for sewing...

Harriet