Friday, December 12, 2014

12 Placemat Challenge

This loom has a placemat warp on it.  There are still a lot of yards on there, maybe even enough to do 12 placemats.  The Stock the Shelves challenge is for each weaver to make 12 matching placemats.

I think I will use this warp for the challenge.  If there is not enough to do 12, there will certainly be a good stack of placemats!  I have some blue jeans around that I have cut to 1/4 inch, and I wove a sample to see how it looks as a placemat in the Hollywood pattern.

This was originally a rug warp pattern, in black and white, but I cut it down to placemat size and changed the colors because I can.  I think I am really liking this!  It will probably be a January project, because of all the Christmas stuff coming up, but I am looking forward to getting on this one.

Until next time, Happy Spinning, Knitting and Weaving, Tina


1 comment:

LA said...

I really like that Hollywood pattern, and the denim looks great with that! I'm with you...I want to knock out my dozen so that I can do some other things.