Thursday, December 18, 2014

It's That Time of Year

  Yes, the wee men made an appearance this year.  Not all of them, though....but, enough to enjoy.  I think they may need to start looking for new caretakers....at least some of them.  (Mom wrote on the bottom of some them.  She noted if they were a gift from someone and the year.  I'm thinking that they might like to have them back to remember her by.)



  Today was a well spent day at the Museum of Appalachia.  There was a Third Grade class from Norris, TN.  They couldn't believe that I was weaving a ribbon!  It's hard to imagine getting dressed these days without a zipper or elastic!  But, ribbons came in very handy for clothing once upon a time!




They made some button ornaments with the Museum staff to take home.







Then, it's all around the grounds to see the different cabins.  A couple of the kids circled back around to my cabin to sit by the fireplace for a minute to warm up.  It wasn't too cold today, but it was a little chilly!  The fire sure did feel nice!










  Santa came to see me a little early this year.  Hilary (Crazy As A Loom) recommended this stool on 4 Shaft Weavers on Facebook.  I  Santa found it on Amazon and thought it would be a good addition to my studio.  (We won't talk about the scarf warp on Parker Pup.....it is not behaving!)  I really like that I can lower it to thread the heddles, and then raise it to weave.  My other benches are adjustable, but just not so easy to do!!!!


 Yes....I was at the Museum on Wednesday, too!  But, just for lunch!  This is our retired teachers' group that gets together once a month.  It's amazing how busy we all stay.....how did we ever have time for full time jobs???  It's really nice to stay in touch!

  I hope you are taking advantage of the sights, smells and sounds of this wonderful season. 

Enjoy!
LouAnn

1 comment:

Maggie said...

You sure are busy for being retired! I like the looks of that stool.