Thursday, December 4, 2014

It Makes Me Happy

Huck, that is.....it makes me happy.
  I've been weaving on this piece on & on for the last several weeks when I have time.  While I'm weaving, I'm also thinking about other ways to use this structure.

  Using the double 8/4 threads, this is thick enough for a placemat.  If you were using finer thread, it could be a scarf. 




  Here is the drawdown:  the one on the right is the one I'm using this time.  You have to add a floating selvedge, and of course, you have to balance the pattern by adding one last l,2,2,1 on the left.  (Plain weave is given as 1,3 and 2,4.  You can also do a different plain weave using treadle 2 and 3.)
  After I finish the warp that is on my loom, I'm going to wind another warp, but I'm going to add a plain weave selvedge by threading 1,4 instead of using floating selvedges.  There are so many possibilities here........
  So, that's one of my projects for 2015!!!   (Or, maybe lots of projects!!!)


Oh, yes!  We're going on a road trip!  As you read in Tuesday's blog, the Tuesday Weavers are headed to Frankfurt, KY, next week to see Bonnie AND visit the Woolery.  Since I know I have a little trouble controlling my impulses when I'm around fiber and weaving toys, I've started making my list so that I will stay "in control."  For instance, this would be a good time to invest in more inserted eye heddles.....and no shipping charges!  Right?  And, I want to check and see if they have any 4 d.p.i. reeds in stock.  Good idea, huh?  And, there are a few other things that I want to check out.
  Needless to say, it's probably a good thing that it is 3.5 hours away.......

  The poinsettias are starting to put on their Christmas show....just in time.  (Although I think I should have trimmed them back last Spring....I will make a note to do that when they go back outside in April!)  The tree is up, and it does have some ornaments on it.  I love taking the ornaments out one by one and thinking about the special memories that go with it.  I put a few on each day...it makes it even more special.

  I heard a ruckus downstairs in the storeroom....it must be the wee men waiting their turn to come upstairs.  Maybe tonight we'll start the parade.....

Happy Weaving (and decorating!)
LouAnn

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh that road trip sounds like so much fun! Go ahead and make a list, but I'm betting a few things not on list will pop into your cart too. And that is as it should be.
The huck looks wonderful. I have been eyeing many huck patterns and of course, if I ever get Sal weaving again, I have a huck pattern going on for those pillowcases.

Bonnie said...

Can't wait to see you guys!