I used my snow day wisely....that towel warp that needed to be threaded, sleyed and tied on got some TLC. I used supima cotton for the warp and hems. The body of the towel is crinkle cotton, and the overshot panel is 3/2 perle cotton. I'm hoping these will be thirsty towels that will be enjoyed by my family.
I also got the rigid heddle warped to take to the Museum. It won't be long, and I'll be putting a warp on that wonderful old Rocker Loom! My target date is the middle of March for the new warp there.....we'll still get some winter weather in the next few weeks. But, the RH loom will be the substitute for weaving right now.
The Inkle Loom is looking sadly at me.....where is the new warp for it?
I did get side tracked to the rug loom: this is my crazy bathroom rug. I had a bucket of T-shirt loops left from another project, and I just wanted to get them used and out of the way. They are just looped together like sock loopers....you just get longer runs of color. Just a little bit more, and it will be the right size for my bathroom!
I've had a lot of help while I've been weaving: Biscuit is finally getting used to the thump of the beater. That could also be because she makes a lot of racket on her own! She likes to play with her ball chaser/scratching pad when I'm on the looms. (She really gets going if I sprinkle a little of the catnip that Linda gave me on the cardboard!!!)
Oh well....lots to do. Batten down the hatches and get ready for the wicked weather tonight...and don't worry....the weather will change.