Thursday, August 3, 2017

Yahoo!!!!

  I may be cheering too quickly, but, this is the first time I have been able to fill a bobbin with spun fiber!!!!!  In the past, my spinning has actually been plying--I made lots of art yarn a few years back.  Don't get me wrong....that was tons of fun repurposing yarn.  But, I wasn't spinning.
  But, I yearned to sit at the wheel and turn fiber into yarn.  (I did always love the tale of Rumpelstiltskin....and who can resist the story of Sleeping Beauty and her spindle?  Someday my prince will come......)  Plus, this might be in my DNA....just saying.
  So, I'm feeling very encouraged by my accomplishment.  I'll keep going, and keep working on making a consistent yarn from this lovely wool.  Then, I'm going to add all the pretty things........  The fiber world awaits!!!!

  This is NOT a happy kitty!
I took Sweetie and Biscuit in for their yearly checkup, and Dr. Paul noticed that Sweetie's front fang was very loose.  The decision was made to keep her overnight, and remove the tooth this morning.
  I got the call midday that she was out of surgery and they had to remove FIVE teeth.  Bless her little heart!!!!
  Needless to say, she is not happy with me.  (She did come up to me about an hour ago for some loving...I was starting to get worried!!!)
  The funny part is that I was late getting going this morning since my "alarm clock" wasn't here!  I actually got to sleep in an extra hour!!!!

  It's hard to tell much from this picture since it was shot from inside the house, but the hummingbirds have been very busy this week.  I usually only have 2-3 hummingbirds at a time, but there have been at least six buzzing around every day.  I'm making large batches of liquid ahead of time to keep up with the demand.  You can tell that migration season is starting!
  I don't mind....I love to watch them and listen to the chirping sounds they make.  They are truly wonderful little creatures!
  Don't you just love this time of the year?  I'm looking forward to spending some spinning time on the porch in the next few days.  I need to keep this momentum going!!!

Happy Weaving (and spinning!!!)
LouAnn

2 comments:

Tina J said...

I think you are doing really well, keep up the good work!

Theresa said...

Hey on the spinning and for Sweetie to likely be feeling much better without infected loose teeth. But gosh it is expensive isn't it? Love the hummers, maybe this years chicks have plumped up the numbers suddenly? The same has happened here. We have 5 feeders spread out around the house, all busy. They are fattening up for their migration.