Thursday, February 23, 2017

Asheville

Last Friday, Tina blogged about our trip to Asheville to drop off a spinning wheel.  I thought I was just along for the ride....but, you never know who you are going to meet when you're meeting fiber folks.
  The drop off point was with Alan and Milissa Dewey.  Their website is here:  http://www.chessspy.com/BOBBIN-BOY/BB-resources.htm

  I soon realized that I had seen many of her posts on Facebook!  She is an amazing resource, and we had a great discussion about weaving on a box loom.  (Just one of many discussions, by the way!)  Since I'm demonstrating at the Museum next week, I pulled out my box loom that Linda's husband made for me, and I've been using some of the pointers that Milissa shared.  This will also be good for Sheep Shearing Day in April.


Yes....it's still officially Winter, but someone forgot to tell East Tennessee.  My saucer magnolia is in full bloom.  I'm going to enjoy it while I can.....it's supposed to dip below freezing on Sunday morning.  That should take care of the blooms........

  I do enjoy the extra hours of sunlight we are getting.  I was able to get out today to work in my garden. It won't be much longer until I can start planting!

Happy Weaving!
LouAnn

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Such a beautiful box loom LouAnn! Out of curiosity, have you tried any of the Gilmore Wave looms? Besides the Cendrel and some smaller Etsy makers they have a stand/floor option.

Tina J said...

Yay you got it working! I too was in the garden yesterday, where is my advil, here comes the Sun!