Friday, April 3, 2015

Home Again!

I hit the ground running on Monday, or should I say staggering.  I had taken the Sunday night red eye coming home to Tennessee.  Normally, I can get quite a bit of sleep on the overnight flights, but not this time.  I did doze a little bit, but I could tell that it was going to be rough staying awake all day.  I did nap 1 hr as soon as I got home, but I was a bit wobbly all day, and ready for bed by 9pm for sure!

I woke up the next day refreshed and ready for my week.  I took a quick trip to Norris to see the weavers, but I had to get home, as work was still in progress on the porch.  Our builder had come across a rusty patio set of a table and 4 chairs that someone was wanting carted away.  Well, he carted it all the way to my house!  I purchased spray paint (7 cans in all) and worked some spray paint magic.

I went over them quickly with sand paper, and got rid of all the loose paint and rust, and even thought it was a breezy day, I think they came out wonderfully!  (Rubber gloves might have been a good idea!)

The porch really is almost done, in fact it is so almost done that I have already set up the tables and chairs, and we have eaten every meal outside since Wednesday!


I am still looking to find another set of table and chairs, then I will figure out what else I can put out there, something squishy and comfortable seems indicated.  (Unless you too have a screened in porch, you don't know what kind of feeling it gives you to be out there, under cover and protected from skeeters and their friends.  My eldest daughter says it almost feels like camping!  Even the simple act of opening the familyroom door is delightfully refreshing!


We will be painting the porch later on this summer, the builder says that it is best to let the lumber breathe a bit before you paint.  The only other thing left to do is to put some kind of railing up to keep kiddos off the screen,  stay tuned to see who's idea wins!

I picked up some Gerber daises to brighten our tables for Easter dinner, I also picked up a couple of white table cloths.  I may be brave enough to sew up some table mats toppers to put on top of the white table cloths, if I can find the right springtime fabric in the stash.
Knitting continues on the Clapoti scarf, it is longer even if you can't see it from here.  That is about the only thing I have been able to get to this week, next week will surely be better, right!

Here is wishing you a meditative Good Friday and a thoughtful and joy filled Easter Sunday.

Until next time, Happy Spinning, Knitting and Weaving, Tina


2 comments:

LA said...

I can see you spinning on the porch! Enjoy!

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful porch. You will love, love it all year around. In winter around a fire pit. Fun.