Thursday, March 12, 2015

Spring Things

Wasps and stink bugs on the porch...can ticks be far behind?
  Yes, I think Spring is trying to show herself here in East Tennessee.

  I thought I had a school group this morning at the Museum, but that must have been an old list.  But, a morning at the museum is never wasted.  Case in point--LAMBS!
  When I arrived, they were all in a far field, and I got some long range shots that weren't too good.

 
  But, the longer I was there, the closer they got.  There are five black lambs, and four white ones.  These twins have those lovely brown patches on them.
  Yes, those are the Highland Cows in the background just soaking up the sun!





  For whatever reason, this ewe and lamb were in another part of the field.  Momma kept calling to the flock.....wonder if she got there by mistake?

  While I was there I ran into an old friend and found out that he raises Black Face Scottish sheep.  You just never know who you will see at the Museum.



  I enlarged this picture so you could see the rowers.  I took a little detour on the way home and went by the river to see if there were any rowers out this morning.  The tour buses are starting to arrive at the local hotels, so I knew they were in town.  This morning was a nice time to be out on the water.

  So, Scout has been helping me cobble together a purse pattern using our one of a kind placemats.  I know what I want to do, I just need to make a pattern for them.  Her parents are on a Spring Break field trip with students this week.  Scout is really good at finding where the raccoons have been in my yard!!!!

  I'll get back to work, and get the purses done before next Tuesday.
  (And, while I have the pattern tracing material out, I want to trace off Theresa's #64 top pattern!)  There's always something to do!

Happy Weaving and sewing!
LouAnn

4 comments:

Tina J said...

Blackfaced Scottish sheep, hmmm I'll have to look that up! I love the little lambs, and I can't wait until sheep shearing day at the museum!

Maggie said...

I'm glad Scout keeps you on task. She looks like a good crafting companion.

Sharon said...

Oh boy, I hope you'll show what you make from your one-of-a-kind placemats!!

Theresa said...

Oh gosh, this post is just filled with cute things, except of course, wasps, stinkbugs and ticks!
Scout looks like a perfect houseguest. Really, how does anyone manage without at least four canine helpers? ;-)