Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Getting Here


I had been wanting to learn to weave for a while. When I reached fifty, I thought it was now or never! I bought the book, Learning to Weave, by Deborah Chandler, and taught myself. I discovered that I love weaving!
I didn't know if there were any other weavers near where I live or if there were, how to meet them. I searched on the internet for weaving guilds and found the The Clinch Valley Handweavers. They are a delightful group of weavers who meet once a month. I also knew of an arts center near me, and went to visit. Wow! I had never seen so many looms in one place! I was invited to go and weave with them on Tuesdays, so I did. I have been with them ever since. These weavers are so much fun to be with! It is such a pleasure to meet with like minded people and to sit and weave with them. If you are ever in the area, stop by and see us! We are here every Tuesday from ten a.m. to two p.m. Find us at Http://www.appalachianarts.net/
Linda

2 comments:

Tina J said...

Great job Linda, I love hearing stories about how weavers got started.

LA said...

Linda
You have brought so many Loom skills to our group. I don't know what we'd do without you! I can't believe you haven't ALWAYS been a weaver, though!