Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Thick Weft

There are several projects in the Studio that call for thick wefts. Thick of course is a relative term, I suppose I mean weft that is far thicker than the warp. John Paul is weaving rugs with strips of floral fabric. Jenny is weaving rugs with strips of T-shirt material.
Pat is using Blue Jean fabric strips for her rugs, and Liz used fabric strips for the placemates she finished and cut off today.
There are several new warps on the looms, Carolyn has a new warp on the loom, as does Shirley and Joycelyn. There are probably a few more, but I didn't get pictures of them.
While all of that is going on Karin is loading the shelves of 8/4 with the new cones that came in this week.
After lunch it is time for Show and Tell! Charlotte brought in some of her masterpieces today, I added a close up of the table runner she wove with lots of different thick wefts.
Betsy finished several more baby blankets, I think she said she had 9 so far, and I brought in a skein of handspun Yak/Silk, I had bought the fiber in 2018 and just now got the nerve up to try it!
Susan and Carolyn brought in the first projects that they had ever woven, you can see how thrilled they were!
Peggy brought in some scarves she made with the last bit of yarn she had from "Sharons stash", and Mark showed us some towels that he wove, one with a 10 dent reed on the left and one with the 12 dent reed on the right. You can see the pattern much more clearly with the closer sett.
That is all I have for you today, see you next week! As always, Tina, for all!

No comments: