Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Prep for Dye Day

Today it was almost lunch time before I picked up my phone to take pictures for the blog! As usual there is a lot going on in the studio. There is a lot of warp winding and skein winding for Dye Day that is coming up next week on Thursday and Friday, But first let's take a looks at some of the other things that are happening today. Pat has started weaving blue jean rugs on the Barn Frame loom, that is using the wool rug warp in different greens.
Jenny is working quickly through the t-shirt rug weft.
Hold the presses, I forgot to put in a picture of our new student Kris cutting her warp off of the loom.
Now for the main activity of the day. There were at least 2 warping boards in action as well as the skein winder. If I am not mistaken, I saw Judith, Dana, and Ruth all either winding warps or making skeins to be dyed. There may have been other helpers, but I did not see them.
Now for Show and Tell! Ruth brought in the hand towels that she took off of the loom last week.
Joanna brought in 2 wool shawls that she had woven on a large triangle loom.
Dana brought in a skein of yarn she had finished, it is 2ply fingering in Merino wool. It is spun using the fractal method. Where you split the braid in half spinning the first half as is for the first single and you split the second half into several pieces for the second single. Then you ply it together and the magic happens!
Last but not least Mark brought in 2 scarves that he had finished for a friend and his wife.
Next week we will be winding 1 more warp I think and several skeins of yarn for the wefts, be sure and join us in two weeks for the results of Dye Day! Until next Tuesday, Tina for All!

1 comment:

Leigh said...

So many great things going on. I love the different warp colors in Pat's blue jean rug. And I'm really interested that Jenny is making a t-shirt weft rug (currently on my drawing board.) May I ask what size warp and sett she used? Joanna's shawls make me think I need to dust my own triangle loom off. And Dana's 2-ply merino is gorgeous. Everything looks great.