Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Dye Day Update

I have some pictures from Thursday and Friday last week. Carol told me that there were 6 warps and 7 skeins of yarn for weft dyed for the Tuesday Weavers. There were several that brought their own projects to dye, and there were many there to help out and learn the process. The names I got were: Mark, Jenny, Barbara, and several of the new weavers came out to play with color as well. Dana and Patty helped do a Tie dye class for kids one of the days.
Today, Lou Ann was busy rinsing and spin drying the skeins and warps, we really love the spin dryer! Next week I hope to have some pictures of the dry skeins.
Pat cut her warp off of the barn loom today, I think I count 4 rugs! (Didn't she just put that warp on the loom!)
Jenny cut her rug warp off as well! Liz is working on er textured towels and John Paul and Mark are up to something in their corner of the Studio!
For show and tell I have a picture of John Paul holding a stick shuttle that he made and Mark has another baby blanket to add to his stash.
That it for today, until next week this is Tina, for all!

1 comment:

Leigh said...

Looks like dye day was a huge success. I've never seen a spin dryer like that before, nice! Rugs look great too.