Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Pre-Getting Ready for the Show

This morning bright and early, I hunted for pictures of the show last year that LouAnn had taken and posted. I made a little collage to fit on a page, and I printed it and brought it to Weaving. I knew that we were going to have to figure out what we were going to do to the structures in our booth this year. LouAnn was usually the master mind behind our booth, even though she told me every year that she was not going to suggest anything for the booth, she always did, she couldn't help it! Mid-morning Carol took some time to explain to the new crop of weavers how we needle weave a mistake.
At lunch time, the meeting was all about sign-ups to work the booth and sign-ups about what people were going to bring.
Carol announced that someone was going to have to be in charge of the booth so that we would know what we had to load up next week. Marie said something that I can't remember and someone else said something about winging it. I took a deep breath and said, "I am not in charge, but to do what we did last year we need 15 panels, zip ties and one foot stand, plus the hardware! But I am not in charge!" I don't think they believed me, not about the panels but about the being in charge part! Next week will be all about loading the booth pieces and taking inventory from upstairs and loading up all of the tubs that everyone is going to bring for the show. Laura brought in a really cute display piece for Christmas ornaments! We quickly loaded it up with some of them and stood back to view the effect.
Now for Show and Tell Laura finished all of the pieces she took off of the Norwood loom last month, and she showed us her favorite. She also told us that she remembered her Mother weaving rag rugs, and how remembering that brought her to weaving. She also remarked how her favorite piece was made from some of the ugliest scraps, but as it came together there was a beauty way beyond what she had thought was possible
Mark showed us a scarf he had made from Chenille that was really lovely and Judith brought in one of her successfull pieces.
Patty went to SAFF last weekend and she brought in the things she had purchased.
That is all for this week, next week will be all business! Tina, for all

1 comment:

Leigh said...

I love Laura's comment that the ugliest scraps made the most beautiful rug. A good reminder that we need to give things a chance to find their place.

The blues in Mark's scarf are gorgeous an I love the green and gray in Judith's.

In the 4th photo of ya'll sitting around the table, that looks like a Rasmussen table loom in the corner! Since I got one, I'm always trying to see if I can spot more.