Tuesday, October 3, 2023

It's All In The Prep!

There was a lot going on in the Studio when I walked in today! Prep Work! We have a gig this weekend in Oak Ridge. It will be part demo and part audience participation. So today we had to get half a dozen small rigid heddle looms ready for Saturday. We don't know how many people will attend, but we do know that there will be 200 staff and volunteers to make things run smoothly. The event is called " Creating Community For All Abilities" it is specially planned to make crafting available to those who might be left out due to a disability. Jenny, Samantha and Judith were winding shuttles with a weaver that I have not met I'm afraid
The kitchen island that you sometimes see covered with food was covered with rigid heddle looms in various stages of prep. Betsy, Karin and Ruth were busy as bees getting the looms ready while Carol supervized. I also warped a wee loom for the Fair.
Pat on the other hand was threading the old Barn Loom with a new warp so that she can turn out rug after rug this Fall. Who knows she might even be able to get a couple done in time for the Fall Show the first weekend in November!
Now for show and tell! Charlotte brought in many towels and placemats she made with our leftovers. She is incredibly talented in doing that.
Shannon brought in her finished sampler scarf and 2 purses that she wove from fabric that is made from silk fabric!
Marie got a towel project on and off her loom in a week!
Patty was showing us what a difference the black weft stripes make in her towels. Marie calls these Lawn chair towels.
Samantha brought in some scarves she wove from the yarn she took from Sharons stash.
Phyllis was tickled pink to get this project off of the loom!
Mark made some place mats out of the warp he had left over from a baby blanket.
That is all for today, I bet we will take pictures on Saturday of the Fair! Tina, for all

2 comments:

Leigh said...

I love seeing your show and tells. Marie's towel is especially intriguing to me. Structure? And the black in Patty's is really interesting. You are such a creative and productive group.

Judi said...

I know I've said this before, but you folks are an inspiration to me to keep weaving! I love seeing all the beautiful things this group produces, and can't wait to see the pictures of Saturday's event! I am so glad that I found your blog!!