Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Cool and Blustery

I posted last week that we were getting ready for the "Creating Community For All Abilities" Fair in Oak Ridge. Saturday morning was cool and blustery for sure, but the sun soon warmed us. We had 4 or 5 rigid heddle looms set up for the public to use and I brought my wee great wheel for people to see and to try. Carol, Marilyn, Liz, Samantha, Shirley and Paul all came to man the booth and we all had a good time sharing our love of weaving and spinning as well as a good visit all around.
Inside in the gym were various booths for the participants to find assistance.
Outside there was music, food and lots of bubbles that swirled around us all day in the blustery wind. I couldn't get a picture of the huge bubbles though I did try!
Families started showing up around 11 and the fun began.
There were several kids that wove as well, but I guess I was busy letting them turn the big wheel while I managed the wool! As things began to wind down Marilyn and Paul tried spinning on the great wheel and a volunteer wanted to try it too!
Back at the Center yesterday Patty kindly sent me pictures of Show and Tell. Patty made a scarf from Sharons stash on a rigid heddle loom.
Mark had skeins of recycled linen.
John Paul brought back some bison/wool blend from his road trip to all over.
Carol made pin cushions.
Dana made towels from 8/4 cotton.
That is all until next week! Tina for all

1 comment:

Leigh said...

The rigid heddle looms are such a great way to introduce people to weaving. And that recycled linen yarn is really intriguing!