Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Winter Weaving

  This was posted on the Facebook page of our local TV station.  Whenever a snow is forecast around here, folks clean the stores out of milk, bread and TP. 
  As it happens, after all the local school systems closed for today, the snow missed about half of us! 
  Here in Oak Ridge, we didn't even get a flake....yet, Carol has plenty at her house in Knoxville.  It just depends on where you live. 
  The pictures posted online from around the area are beautiful....a winter wonderland for many!
  But, when Anderson County schools are closed, the Center is closed also.  NO WEAVING!!!!



  I put out the call earlier today for what the weavers are doing at home today.  Marie came in first with this picture of a soup cozy that has been cut out....ready to go to the machine!














  Not long after came the second picture....a finished cozy!
  BTW, Marie....I really like that pattern.  Strickler????



 

  Linda texted me earlier....she has been threading her towel warp, and was 2/3 finished when her hook went missing.  She was about to blame the kitties when she looked at the back of the loom.    I can relate to that!!!!

















  Jocelyn was working in her studio today, but it was her painting studio!  I asked her to snap a picture, but she informed me that it was a "blank canvas"!!!  So, she sent me a picture of her lonely loom.........


  There's a table runner on her loom that is waiting to be finished.



  
  Polly is trying to use up loopers....this is the newest rug on the loom.  The good thing about looper rugs is that they weave up fast!!!!










   Pearl is rinsing out dyed warps from last week.....and so is Carol.  It takes a few rinses before they're done!!!

Me?  I'm counting heddles....getting ready to start my towel warp.  I found out the hard way a few years ago to ALWAYS make sure you have enough heddles before you start a big project!!!!
  The forecast for tonight is COLD....and that is all over East Tennessee.
Stay warm, my friends!
LouAnn

3 comments:

Tina J said...

Oops, I missed your email! Today I finished cutting the poly fleece strips to get me to the half way mark on the shag rug, then I wove about 10 inches on the rug. I also worked on an embroidery project that has a deadline coming up. It is cold enough for me to keep the wood stove going all day. I managed all of that in my P.J.s, a perk of a snow day even if I didn't get any snow!

Theresa said...

Well, weavers obviously did just what weavers like to do on snow days, get on with it!
Is that a Bergman loom Linda has?

Maxime Ramoul said...

Hi thanks for posting thhis