Friday, January 11, 2019

Small Setback

I haven't had much time at the loom this week and it has turned out to be a good thing.  I had finished the first time thru the color progression, and I was getting ready to start the second progression, but  I thought that something was missing, so I went back to the computer to play with the colors a little bit more.



What I realized was that I wanted to add another color to the rainbow.

I had gotten this eggplant color  when I had purchased  the rest of the fleece, and then I realized that the pattern I was following only had six colors instead of seven, and I thought it best to follow suit.

What I found however was that as I looked at the rug as a whole, there was an empty place in my minds eye. and there are a couple of places that the color combinations between the accent color and the background color are not what I had imagined.

By adding this  7th color,  between the red and the navy, I am going to shift the accent colors over one and I think I am really going to like it better.  Of course, what that means is that I will have to undo almost all that I had woven.

The good news is that, because I made this decision a couple of days ago, I already undid it, and I am back at it.  Next week, I hope to be back where I started and moving right along thru the 4 repeats of this pattern.

 By the way the rug is really really squishy!

Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

2 comments:

LA said...

UNweaving is a great skill to have!!! I'm glad you caught that before you had gotten any further.

Maggie said...

I LOVE SHAG RUGS!!! But you knew that already...