Thursday, January 24, 2019

Learning Experience


  I love to get packages in the mail....especially when it's a new weaving book!  And, I was really excited when the new Laura Fry book arrived!  I have been keeping up with its progress on her blog, and ordered my copy when she said it was ready.
  I have watched many of her videos online, and I feel like I have learned so much from reading her blog.  I'm really looking forward to curling up with this book!

  Before Christmas, I ordered Weaving Patterned Bands.  I wanted some patterns to use with my double slotted heddle, and this book will keep me busy for a long time!


 

  I got to help Ray and Marie with their Throw A Shuttle class last weekend.  There were five students who wanted to dip their fingers in the world of weaving. 







  The looms were set up with "Ellen's Pattern" like we use for placemats here at the Center.  We had a collection of selvedges for them to use for weft.   After weaving their hem in black, they started weaving with their chosen piece. 
  Besides the learning curve of weaving on the table looms, they also quickly caught on to using the levers:  1,3 and 2,4. 







  Oh, the joy of your first woven project!!! 

  It was a learning experience for all of us, and Marie and Ray did a fantastic job.

Happy Weaving!
LouAnn

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Happy weaving right back! Looks like a couple of wonderful books. Please let us all know how you like the Laura Fry book!