Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Snow day!

We had a good bit of snow at my house and all around the area north of I-40. South of I-40 was not hit as hard with snow but took a good bit of rain, sleet and a bit of snow. I took 2 pictures of my barn to show you, one picture is from yesterday early afternoon and the other picture is from this afternoon. We got 8.5 inches here, which put me in the mood to bake! After I dug out to the barn, around the chickens and made sure the goats were fed, I spent the day making bread, granola and pancakes for the freezer.
I would say that this was a "once in a decade" type snow. It is also colder than usual as well with 17 deg being the low this morning and we will see much lower temps during the next day or two. When the weather is like that we all stay home and work on projects and keep the home fires burning. We are all pretty much prepared for the snow with full fridges and pantries, and most of us don't plan on going anywhere for the next day or two. I asked the weavers to send me some pictures of what they are doing and or what the snow looks like at their homes. Joycelyn sent me a couple of photos from her home, Pat sent me a photo of a warp on the loom that she is working on.
Susan sent me a picture of her Chickens in the snow and a warp she is winding.
Shannon sent me a picture of a flutest in the snow flurries and some inkle weaving in progress.
Marilyn sent me a picture of an inkle band in progress for Fletcher, and Karin sent me pictures of an inkle band she is weaving for her husbands welding apron.
It wouldn't be show and Tell without Mark sharing a picture a the second scarf he wove with a wider sett than the scarf he showed us last week.
The cold weather is wide spread across the Nation, I hope that you are all warm and fed and busy with your favorite things. Tina, for all

2 comments:

Leigh said...

Your photos offer a lovely contrast between outdoors and indoors: snowy winter whites and inviting colorful weaving. I really like the way the stripes worked out in Mark's scarf. Isn't the internet great for sharing?

Meg said...

Loved your pics, keep warm, everyone.