Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Another Snow Day

In East TN, we do get snow almost every year and many years we see snow a couple of times over the winter. Usually, the snow is all gone within a day or two. This time though, we had unusually low temps, not getting above freezing the whole week. The schools all over the area are once again closed, for the most part it is because the buses are still not able to pick up the kids to go to school. We follow the local school schedule, so once again we will not be at the Center today. I asked for the weavers to send me photos of what they have been doing this week, and they did! Patty sent me pictures of a couple of rugs she had finished this week, and Barbara sent me a picture of a warp she had wound for her new loom, a towel she had finished and she left the next towel for Laura to weave next week. She also sent me a picture of what happens when you lose your way with a warp!
Linda sent me a picture of a waffle weave towel she finished and washed this week, and Pat sent me a couple of photos of a gamp she is working on.
Mark sent in a picture of a scarf he had made for a friend of his. I did not do any weaving this week, but I sure did make some good bread, english muffins and bagels!
We have rain in the forcast and warmer than usual temps, so you can be sure we will be flocking to the Center next Tuesday! That is all for today, until next week, Tina for all

2 comments:

Meg said...

Enjoy the great indoors while the snow lasts, everybody.

Judi said...

Stay warm! Glad to see everyone's weaving away!! Your bread looks great, by the way!