"Kings Flower" is the second Overshot Pattern that I am using on my Baby Blankets and Couch Throws. There are several treadlings so I thought I would try some out, and test the squareness of the pattern on this 12 epi cotton warp.
If you look at the pattern right to left, you can see that I added 1 pattern pick each side of the middle pivot point to square it up. I figured that if it was square on the loom it will be square after washing. This is treadling number 1. I thought I had a picture of treadling number 2 on the loom in pink, but I don't. I have some of it after the finishing.
Here is an experiment using a color as the tabby and natural as the pattern pick. (Here I was using pattern number two.) It is interesting, but I am not so sure I like it.
After finishing here are the results:
Pattern number one, even when squared with the extra pic, just doesn't inspire me at the moment. Not for an all over design.
Pattern two, (to the left) is much more pleasing. I also squared it up and I am pleased to see that after finishing, it stays square.
I do not however like my little experiment! It looks too much like the store bought afghans that you see in the store! I think that a natural pattern over a solid colored warp would rock, but you would then be limited to that one color. Hmm, I suppose if someone wanted one I could do it, but I would not put on 40 yards of it! Maybe after I do these longer warps I can do some 5-10yd colored warps, and try it out.
Finally, here is another Couch Throw on the loom in the new "Kings Flower" pattern. This one is a wedding present, for a wedding tomorrow!
I need to finish this one up today, hem and wash both the kakhi colored throw and this one, and I am going to try to finish the second scarf for the TW scarf challenge.