Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Christmas in August!

What a busy day it was in the studio today! Marie had ordered 8/4 cotton last week because the yarn shelves were looking a little bare. Today the yarn Marie ordered was ready to be inventoried, labled and put on the shelf. Marie, Pearl, Karin and I took care of that first thing!
While that was going on Charlotte was looking for a new weaving pattern and Linda was twisting fringe. Oh, and I noticed that Kris was close to the end of her scarf warp.
Jenny continues to weave on her handpainted warp and I caught sight of the cloth beam of towels on Laura's loom!
Later on in the morning I was helping Joyeclynn wind this beautiful red warp onto her warp beam. This will be a beautiful set of Christmas napkins! You see, as hand weavers we have to plan months in advance if we want something for Christmas time as gifts or to sell especially if it is a project here at the Center when we are only here 4 hours a week. Oh, and by this time Kris was hemstitching!
After lunch I was helping Judith cut some more cloth strips for her rug project and I got a good picture of Kris cutting the scarf project off of her loom, and Susan was winding a towel warp for, you guessed it Christmas towels!
Barbara was the only weaver with Show and Tell today. Barbara finished a long scarf that you can wrap around your head if you need to on cold winter days! I believe she said that she had dyed the yarn.
That is all I have for you today, we will be back next week with more weaving fun, until then this is Tina, for all!

No comments: