Tuesday, July 18, 2023

I Think That's Everyone......Oh Wait!

There are just a few more Weavers for me to interview. Let's start with Dana, she isn't actually a student yet, but once Carol gets back from her annual Canadian trip you can be sure Dana is signed up and ready to roll! Dana has a friend named Jenny who is one of our weavers already! They got talking at a recent gathering and Jenny told Dana that she should come to the Center and learn to weave! She already has a rigid heddle and in fact she wove some towels on it and brought them in to show us how she did!
Next up is Liz who is weaving fabric for bowl cozies on a small Leclerc loom. Liz was a teacher and she was interested in weaving, and did a google search and found us. With her working schedule it wasn't possible for her to come until she retired.
I told you about Pearl and her tipped over loom last week. This week I get to show you the pictures!
Then I was looking around to see if I had missed anybody and I thought I had everyone, then someone (Pearl or Shannon I think) said, "What about you!" So I handed the camera to Shannon for her to take a picture of me at my loom, which is a Leclerc 45 inch 4 harness/6treadle Jack loom. I am weaving placemats and runners using a Barley corn draft. I came to the Center in 2001, after my husband saw a very small add in the newspaper and he thought I might be interested. My Mom had called from California not long before that and we were chatting away, when she asked me if I would be interested in a floor loom. I responded that I wouldn't know what to do with one, but sure! On my next trip to Calif we packed the loom and shipped it to me here in TN. By the time it got here I had a rudimentary idea of how it should all work, and I am still here 22years later, they just can't get rid of me!
One last thing, this weekend we said goodbye to our own dear LouAnn. It was a beautiful service and you could hear her planning throughout. I enjoyed the solemnity and yet the lightheartedness of the service, and also the pianist was superb weaving in some Star Wars melodies amongst the more traditional tunes. LouAnn will be missed by us all.....
Until next time, Tina for all

1 comment:

Meg said...

My condolences to all in your group and to worldwide fans of your blog. .