I posted a picture of rug that I was working on last week, I will repost the picture here so that you don't have to go looking for it.....
Having separated what I had prepared into 7 different bundles, I found that there was not enough in this first representative bundle to make a rug the size that I wanted to make.
I went stash diving and found several that were in tune with the theme of the rug, (teams and institutions frequented by the recipient) to beef up both the size of the rug I wanted to make but also the color palette as well.
I can't tell you how happy I am with this rug! It is just so much more than I hoped for, and I hope that the recipient is pleased with it too. I plan to finish this rug in short order and then, when I cut it off I intend to rethread for a different project altogether! More on that next week hopefully!
(I posted about my bobbin lace project on The Farmstead Studio, which you can find in our blog list)
Until next week, Happy Weaving, Tina