Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Fluffing More Merch! Going Back in Time!

We sure are on a roll over here! It started with the Placemats and has now moved to the scarfs! I had to take a scarf home a week or so ago and I wove in the ends and sewed a lable on it and I twisted the fringe. After that I ironed it and I was amazed at what a difference that made! Then I thought about our display in the shop upstairs from our classroom, and the wheels started turning, turning, turning. Marie and I talked about it and she ordered some childs hangers that are velvety. These will serve 2 purposes, first they will allow us to hang our handtowels on the new system that I talked about last week and second, it will give us a way to hang our scarves to minimise wrinkles. Here is the before.....
Here is the after! We will be able to display several more scarves in this same space!
Jenny is making fabric with some of our hand dyed bamboo. This will become a piece of clothing! Just look at that color progression from the cloth on the front beam to the warp coming over the back beam!
Mark is making Handtowels in a twill pattern. it reminds me of spring!
Judith is still making rugs on the Studio loom! We were trying to remember how many yards of warp we put on this sectional loom. I had to do a deep dive on the blog to find, way back in May of 2024, when we put the warp on the loom. What a trip! At that time I wrote that we had put 40 yards on the sectional. We did some math and we figure that Judith has 4 more rugs to weave more or less.
It is now time for Show and Tell! Charlotte came by to see us again today! She brought some napkins in M's and O's that she finished this week for us and she also had fun looking through our library.
Mark brought in a small matt that Patty had made from one of his left over warp short pieces. He decided to do the same thing himself with another piece of cloth! He also brought in some finished towels that he finshed at home.
That is it for today, I wish I could show you all of the hilarious stuff that goes on in this room, but I don't think words would do it justice! Maybe you can come by one Tuesday while we are here at the Appalachian Arts Craft Center and visit the shop upstairs and come down and see us at work and play, you would be more than welcome! Until then this is Tina, for all!

No comments: